These smoked pulled pork tacos are made with our incredible, fall-off-the-bone smoked pork shoulder and all the best toppings.
What to Do with Shredded Pulled Pork
Ever since we got our Traeger, we just can’t stop with the smoker recipes! When we made our smoked pork shoulder, we knew we needed a recipe to use up those leftovers and here it is — Smoked Pulled Pork Tacos!
These tacos use the shredded pork from that recipe along with some pan-fried street tacos and all your favorite taco fixings!
Why you’ll love it!
Great for leftover pulled pork
Easy for sharing
Flavorful and fresh
Check out all of our favorite smoker products, including what smoker we use in the Fit Foodie kitchen for testing recipes!
- Smoked pork shoulder: If you haven’t already made our smoked pulled pork for this recipe, that’s your first step. The method is long, but worth it for the end result.
- Street taco tortillas: feel free to use either flour or corn tortillas. We recommend using the street taco size.
- Red onion: red onion is a great topper.
- Avocado: you can either use fresh avocado or homemade guacamole.
- Mexican crema: Mexican crema is like a mild Mexican sour cream. You can always sub sour cream or Greek yogurt instead.
- Cilantro: fresh cilantro is the cherry on top.
- Jalapeños: if you like spice, feel free to add as many jalapeños as you wish!
Cook Smoked Pork Shoulder
As you know the meat of these tacos is our delicious smoked pork shoulder. Check out the recipe below to get started.
Smoked Pork Shoulder
This smoked pork shoulder is smoked is a 7-lb. pork shoulder that is smoked for 7-8 hours after it is rubbed in a delicious dry rub. During the cook time, this delicious pork shoulder is spritzed it with a simple apple cider spritz.
Prepare all of your ingredients by slicing the avocado and onion and mincing the fresh cilantro.
We love toasting our tortillas before assembling the taco.
- Heat a large skillet over medium/high heat and add 1-2 teaspoons of oil.
- Add two tortillas to the skillet and heat them for 1-2 minutes on each side.
- Set the warmed tortillas in a warm dish towel or wrap them in aluminum foil to stay warm. Repeat steps 1-3 until all of the tortillas are warm.
Assemble the tacos by first adding your pork shoulder. Then, add a few sprinkles of each topping to your heart’s desire.
Enjoy your smoked pulled pork tacos with a fresh squeeze of lime juice and table crema.
We recommend storing all ingredients separately in an airtight container in the fridge.
The shredded pork will last up to 5-7 days.
- 20-24 corn tortillas or flour street taco tortillas
- 1-2 tablespoons avocado oil or olive oil
- 7-8- lbs. smoked pulled pork
- 1 large red onion minced
- 4 large avocados pitted and sliced
- 1 cup Mexican Crema
- 1 cup fresh cilantro freshly chopped
- Fresh sliced jalapeños to taste
- 2-4 limes sliced
Heat a large skillet over medium/high heat and add 1-2 teaspoons of oil.
Add two tortillas to the skillet and heat them for 1-2 minutes on each side.
Set the warmed tortillas in a warm dish towel or wrap them in aluminum foil to stay warm. Repeat steps 1-3 until all of the tortillas are warm.
Once the tortillas are warm, assemble the tacos. Place about ¼ cup of pulled pork on top of a tortilla and then top with red onion, a slice of avocado, a drizzle of crema, fresh cilantro, and a squeeze of fresh lime juice.
Repeat step 4 until all the tacos have been assembled. Enjoy!
Tips & Notes
Feel free to use your favorite taco toppings!
Photography: photos taken in this post are by Ashley McGlaughlin from The Edible Perspective.