The Smoked Cream Cheese bus continues to roll on, this time with a spicy Smoked Buffalo Cream Cheese! This is a simple recipe that is a snap to throw together and is going to have all the buffalo wing fans in your house raving. Perfect for a party, potluck, or cookout, too! Travels well. You can make it in advance and then reheat right before serving.
Traeger Smoked Buffalo Cream Cheese
Smoked cream cheese took the internet by storm in the last year or two, and for good reason. It is delicious, simple to make, almost entirely hands-off, and people LOVE it. This version is a spicy take on the incredible buffalo sauce that we all know and love!
Buffalo smoked cream cheese is great as a dip, sandwich spread, or as a base for other recipes too. You could mix some into our Buffalo Mac and Cheese and make it even creamier. You could make some Panko Chicken and use that as a vehicle to get this to your face too. We’re not judging.
Buffalo Smoked Cream Cheese shopping list
Wondering if you have to hit the store? Here’s the list of items you’ll need to make this recipe. For specific amounts, please refer to the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post.
- Cream Cheese
- Dry Ranch Seasoning
- Cayenne Pepper
- Buffalo Sauce
- Bleu Cheese Dressing
How to make Smoked Buffalo Cream Cheese
This is just the overview so you can see what you’re actually getting into here. When you are cooking, you’ll want to use the full recipe at the bottom of the page.
Cut and Rub
Make some cross-hatches and sprinkle the rubs over the cream cheese blocks.
1 1/2 hours on the smoker.
Pour on the Buffalo Sauce and let it smoke for another 30 minutes.
We like to use carrots, celery, and crackers for this!
Smoked Buffalo Cream Cheese FAQ
In the fridge for up to 4-5 days.
Right back in your smoker is best, but you can also use the oven or the microwave in a pinch.
Sure! I haven’t tried this, and the texture might be slightly different, but you do you!
More awesome recipes featuring Buffalo Sauce!
2 hours 10 minutes
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon dry ranch powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons Bleu Cheese Buffalo Rub (optional)
- 1/3 cup buffalo sauce
- 1/3 cup bleu cheese dressing
- Preheat your smoker to 220°.
- Cut a cross-hatch pattern into the top of the cream cheese block about 1/2 inch deep.
- Sprinkle with the ranch powder and cayenne pepper.
- Smoke for 1 1/2 hours at 220°.
- Pour on the Buffalo sauce directly onto the top of the cream cheese. Let smoke an additional 30 minutes.
- Pull off the grill, drizzle with the bleu cheese (if desired), and enjoy with your favorite dippers! We like celery, carrots, and crunchy crackers. But you could also get crazy and smear this onto some chicken wings, use it as a spread for an epic grilled chicken sandwich, or whatever other crazy ideas you can come up with!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving:
Calories: 186Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 42mgSodium: 435mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 0gSugar: 2gProtein: 5g
Nutrition data provided here is only an estimate.