These Air Fryer Rooster Tenders are tender and juicy on the inside of, and crispy on the outside. Many thanks to the air fryer, they are finished in minutes without the need of frying them in oil!
Air Fryer Rooster Tenders
This dish is the newest addition to my go-to air fryer chicken recipes. It is so easy and a relatives favorite all-around here! The rooster strips are so juicy on the within and beautifully crispy on the exterior. Just as they really should be! We serve them with salads, mac and cheese, or potatoes and dipping sauces. It is an effortless evening meal option even if you do not have much time. The air fryer cooks them so much more quickly than the oven!
You know that if you designed my air fryer rooster nuggets or sausage and peppers. This little countertop equipment is practical and a time-saver. Best for hectic weekdays!
- hen tenders
- bread crumbs
- air fryer: I used my Cosori Twin Blaze air fryer, available on Amazon. (<— affiliate link)
- kitchen tongs: helpful for flipping and removing cooked chicken tenders from the air fryer.
- 2 small bowls for breading
How to make chicken tenders in the air fryer?
- Start by preparing chicken tenders. If you want to remove the tendon strip, follow my directions below.
- Mix seasoning in a small bowl and sprinkle evenly over the chicken tenders. Rub it in.
- Beat eggs in a small shallow bowl.
- Mix bread crumbs and panko in another shallow bowl.
- Dip seasoned tenders in eggs, then bread crumbs.
- Spray with cooking oil spray while still on a plate.
- Cook chicken tenders in batches. Place them in a single layer in the air fryer basket or rack.
- Cook for 6 minutes per side.
How long to cook chicken tenders in the air fryer?
Chicken tenders cook quite quickly in the air fryer. That is the advantage of this method! I cooked mine for 6 minutes per side at 400 degrees Fahrenheit. The internal temperature of each chicken tender should be at least 165 degrees F. As with an oven, each air fryer is different. Check the internal temperature at the 6-minute mark and add more minutes if needed.
What to serve with chicken tenders?
Any dipping sauce and a simple side are great choices. For some BBQ sauce or ketchup is all they need. If you have time, try my Chick-fil-A copycat sauce. Simple marinara sauce is delicious with chicken tenders too!
Can I make chicken tenders in the air fryer without breading?
If you want to skip breading, season the chicken tenders and bake as directed in the recipe. After flipping, you can brush them with a BBQ sauce or continue cooking as they are.
Storing and reheating leftovers:
I recommend storing leftover chicken tenders in a container with a lid, in the fridge, for up to 4 days. Reheating in the microwave will make the breading soft while popping them into the air fryer at 350 degrees F for a few minutes will keep them crispy.
Best tips for making air fryer chicken tenders:
- chicken tenders: I always remove the tendon strip that is in the center of each chicken tender simply pull it out by placing the tendon in between the fork teeth and grabbing it with a paper towel then pull by the tendon and press the fork against the chicken tender. The tendon strip will come out and the chicken tender can be cut into two pieces.
- no tenders: use chicken breast and slice it into strips, about 3/4″ thick.
- breading: you can use plain or Italian bread crumbs or a mix of panko and regular bread crumbs for a more crispy texture gluten-free bread crumbs or almond flour work well too!
- eggs: they help the breading to stick to the chicken but if you need to omit the eggs, use melted butter.
- seasoning: use my seasoning as a suggestion and adapt to your preferences seasoning mixes work well too.
- oil: I recommend spraying the chicken tenders while they are still on the plate, not in the air fryer basket. This will prevent the oil from baking into the basket and leaving a residue that is hard to clean.
More air fryer recipes:
For more recipes like this one, feel free to browse our Air Fryer category.
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet so I can check it out and leave a comment!
Air Fryer Chicken Tenders
These Air Fryer Chicken Tenders are tender and juicy on the inside, and crispy on the outside. Thanks to the air fryer, they are done in minutes without frying them in oil!
- 2 lbs chicken tenders
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ¾ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup panko bread crumbs
- ½ cup plain or Italian bread crumbs
- cooking oil spray
Prepare chicken tenders: If you want to remove the tendon strip that is in the center of each chicken tender, simply pull it out by placing the tendon in between the fork teeth and grabbing it with a paper towel then pull by the tendon and press the fork against the chicken tender. The tendon strip will come out and the chicken tender can be cut into two pieces.
Mix seasoning in a small bowl and sprinkle evenly over the chicken tenders. Rub it in.
Beat eggs in a small shallow bowl and bread crumbs and panko in another shallow bowl.
Dip seasoned tenders in eggs, then bread crumbs and place on a plate.
Spray with cooking oil spray while still on a plate, not in the air fryer basket. This will prevent the oil from baking into the basket and leaving a residue that is hard to clean.
Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F for 3 minutes.
Cook chicken tenders in batches. Place them in a single layer in the air fryer basket or rack.
Cook for 6 minutes, flip on the other side using kitchen tongs and cook another 6 minutes.
Repeat until all chicken tenders are cooked.
- If you don’t have chicken tenders, use chicken breast and slice it into strips, about 3/4″ thick.
- Eggs help the breading to stick to the chicken but if you need to omit them, use melted butter.
- Please note, that the nutrition value can vary depending on what product you use. The information below is an estimate. Always use calorie counter you are familiar with.
Calories: 376kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 54g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 227mg | Sodium: 739mg | Potassium: 927mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 317IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 70mg | Iron: 2mg
This post contains some affiliate links, which means that I make a small commission off items you purchase at no additional cost to you.
Supply website link