Brazilian lemonade is a 4-ingredient drink that is tangy, creamy, and refreshing! It’s the perfect mix of tart and sweet and will have your family hooked after first sip.
When life gives you lemons… you try out some of my other tasty lemonade recipes! For some classic lemonade, try this Chick-fil-A copycat lemonade! And if you’re wanting something fruity, these watermelon and pineapple lemonade recipes are great choices too!
Homemade Brazilian Lemonade Recipe
Here is something that I don’t understand about this recipe. Although it’s called Brazilian lemonade, it’s made with limes. That makes no sense to me! What I do know is – this drink is one of the most refreshing, delicious things I have ever tried. When I first found this recipe, I loved how it had such simple ingredients. But my favorite ingredient by far is the sweetened condensed milk. It adds the best creaminess to the drink! Remember how I said I could totally drink that stuff? Well I was partially joking, partially not. It is just so good!
Not only are the ingredients simple, but Brazilian lemonade is super easy to make as well! It’s also great for making big batches of. It’s a potluck favorite! Just a few minutes is all it takes to blend the ingredients together and you have a perfect, refreshing, summer lemonade…. or limeade. I hope someday I will find the answer to this!
Ingredients for Brazilian Lemonade
It really doesn’t get any easier than this. These 4 ingredients combine for the most incredible tropical flavor! You’ll love it! Exact measurements can be found in the recipe card below.
- Fresh Limes: Despite the name, Brazilian lemonade is made with limes instead of lemons. Unlike traditional limeade recipes, however, the whole lime gets blended instead of juiced! Since this is the main flavor of the drink, you’ll want your limes to be as fresh as possible.
- Sweetened Condensed Milk: This is what makes Brazilian lemonade stand out from the crowd! It adds the most amazing creaminess to the drink.
- Sugar: Sweetens the drink.
- Cold Water and Ice: Helps adjust the consistency of the drink and keep it cool!
How to Make Brazilian Lemonade at Home
This recipe is so simple because you use a blender to do all of the mixing! From there, just strain and serve!
- Add Ingredients to Blender: In a blender add the whole limes, sweetened condensed milk, sugar, and water.
- Blend: Blend until smooth.
- Strain: Pour it into a vase using a strainer to remove the chunks of lime.
- Add Ice: Add in ice, and serve immediately.
Substitutes and Variations
The best part about making homemade drinks is you can customize them to your liking! Here are a few easy ways to switch yours up!
- Other Sweeteners: If you’re wanting to avoid refined sugars, try sweetening your Brazilian lemonade with honey, maple syrup, or agave nectar!
- Add Herbs: Adding fresh herbs not only makes your drink look picture-perfect, but it infuses extra flavor! Basil and mint are some of my favorites to add in!
- Make it Dairy-Free: Full-fat coconut milk is a great alternative to condensed milk! It has great flavor, too!
- Make it Boozy: For an adults-only version of this drink, try adding a splash of vodka or coconut rum.
If you have leftovers of your Brazilian lemonade, transfer it to an airtight pitcher and store in the fridge for 3-4 days. The ingredients may separate as your drink sits, so give it a quick stir before you serve it.
In a blender add the whole limes, sweetened condensed milk, sugar, and water.
Blend until smooth.
Pour it into a vase using a strainer to remove the chunks of lime.
Add in ice, and serve immediately.
Calories161kcal (8%)Carbohydrates36g (12%)Protein2g (4%)Fat2g (3%)Saturated Fat1g (5%)Cholesterol9mg (3%)Sodium34mg (1%)Potassium146mg (4%)Fiber1g (4%)Sugar31g (34%)Vitamin A93IU (2%)Vitamin C15mg (18%)Calcium89mg (9%)Iron1mg (6%)
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.